This is the blog of 7 girls chosen to live in the most ROCKING flat ever to grace the streets of London that fateful Fall of 2006. Now that we've graduated, this is the next best thing to weekly flat dinners. Please update early and often, and honorary flat members (you know who you are) can feel free to send updates to one of us and have those posted on here as well. GIT-'R'-DONE!

Monday, July 14, 2008

it goes like this

Hello all.
So, for anyone bored enough to read this, here is how my summer has gone. My mom's birthday was on the 4th of July, so we all went on a cruise for that. And by all, I mean the four of us, my grandma, and my mom's 4 brothers with their wives and children. Mom and I didn't really want to go on a cruise, but somebody or other decided it would be fun, and who cares who's birthday it is anyway, so that was that. Parts of it were fun, and I'm glad I went, but honestly I'd still rather just go somewhere and vacation in one place, you know? But it was fun to see all my cousins, and some of them got rather drunk the first night and ordered a whole buttload of room service and it was kind of like being at a stoner party. Then we went to the nightclub thing on the ship and my cousin Joey told the bouncer that I was actually 12 years old and should not be allowed in. Turd.
Otherwise, I've just been hanging around, reading and writing. I looked for scholarships on fastweb, cuz I figure by the time I graduate med school I'll be about 400 grand in debt, and I found this writing contest. It was supposed to be a fantasy or sci-fi short story/novelette, so I wrote the whole thing in like 2 days to send it off by the deadline, only to discover, after my dad looked at the address on the website, that it is a contest named after L. Ron Hubberb (or Hubbarb or Hubber or something). ANyway, the guy who started scientology. So my dad got scared that if I sent it, scientologists would start calling the house trying to convert me. I sent it anyway.
Oh ya, and my trip across the west and to LA was oodles of fun, even though I got deathly ill and the car broke down in Arizona. But I got to see a bison and hear hot british guys with hot british accents at the grand canyon (before nearly dying 4 times on my way down the steepest trail) and went to disney land with Emily. ANd it sounds like you're all having fun summers too, traveling the world (and the midwest, woowoo) and getting married and reading all sorts of good books. luv to hear from ya
Liz

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sounds like you've had quite an eventful summer. Someday I want the full story of your trip cross-country. You broke down in AZ? Sucks...but sounds like you had fun with British guys!!! :D

Still laughing about the Tatooine thing. You have no idea how puzzled I was to come back and find your message after Claire's wedding rehearsal...

By the way, it's L. Ron Hubbard. I would like to read your story if you don't mind sending it. I would have still sent it off, but I guess I can see your dad's point. No sense in messing with Tom Cruise's religion.