This is the blog of 7 girls chosen to live in the most ROCKING flat ever to grace the streets of London that fateful Fall of 2006. Now that we've graduated, this is the next best thing to weekly flat dinners. Please update early and often, and honorary flat members (you know who you are) can feel free to send updates to one of us and have those posted on here as well. GIT-'R'-DONE!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

California Lovin'

Hey Everyone!

Sorry it took me a bit longer than most, but it has been an interesting month or so since graduation. I finally moved into the girl's house yesterday and am enjoying my room and downtime immensely. Only one of the girl is still at home (finals tomorrow) but she'll have a weekend visit Thursday so it's just me and Caitlin, the new houseparent. When I first met her I found out that after graduating she spent a year in a Ugandan orphanage and then six months in South-Central L.A. in the mission; she's kinda reminding me a bit of Amy in that I'm feeling totally inadequate and unaccomplished after talking to her. I'm not really sure what I'm doing this summer save being a glorified chauffer, but I do know I have two weeks off in August and am hoping to get a family vacation in (as per Jenni, a cruise sounds pretty good right about now). Again, I'm not really doing much save reading the Chronicles of Narnia (chronologically, not in the order they were published) and I'm starting Prince Caspian.

So, I'm convinced the midwest is deliberately trying to suck me back in. I was at a house staff meeting last week and Anita (my supervisor) asked if I'd be a chaperone for the Great American College Road Trip. Bascially, all the rising juniors from all the houses nationally go to a state for five days and take a bunch of road trips. I figured since they were paying my airfare and everything I might as well go; then I found out we'd be in Ohio. Yup, that's right, back in the good 'ol smack-dab-middle of the country and at five colleges in four days; there's even a stop at Cedar Point one night, so it's a good thing I didn't pay for that during Senior Week!

I'll write again soon and let you guys know what's up.

Much love and missing you all,

Emily

PS: Jenni, you ever figure out when exactly you'll be coming in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll be buying my plane tickets very soon, but we've set the date for July 17-20. I'll give you a call once I actually BUY it!

Susan said...

Emily, I read the Chronicles of Narnia all the way through last summer (re-reading some books).

What do you think?