This is the blog of 7 girls chosen to live in the most ROCKING flat ever to grace the streets of London that fateful Fall of 2006. Now that we've graduated, this is the next best thing to weekly flat dinners. Please update early and often, and honorary flat members (you know who you are) can feel free to send updates to one of us and have those posted on here as well. GIT-'R'-DONE!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Many Happy Returns!

So today is my 22nd birthday and I thought that was a good excuse as any to post. Also, I do owe this blog some attention after griping about people writing on it!

Since our illustrious graduation I participated in my friend Claire's wedding. A few of you know her. It went very well, although we ran a little late the day of since her hair appointment took so long! Still, we assured her the wedding couldn't start without her and sure enough it all went well. I processed in as was proper, read the second reading at the Mass and...wait for it...CAUGHT THE BOUQUET. Yeah, ironically as the ONLY female member of the wedding party who was neither engaged nor married...the only one who didn't even have a boyfriend. As Alanis would say, isn't it ironic? I find it amusing. No pressure to find a hubby huh?


(Above: Me bridesmaiding. Sadly, my eyes are closed.)

I went home the day of the wedding and let the happy couple go on their way. I moved into our new house (same state and town, bigger home) and unpacked lots and lots of boxes. I have my own room again! It is quite awesome. I started work at the beginning of June and have been reading a lot, mostly young adult fantasy books. They've been inspiring me to write again, which is always fun.

Rice has been sending me tons of stuff and I got into their grad apartments which is awesome. I'll have one random roommate so fingers crossed that she's half as good as any of you guys. :) In the meantime, I'm still taking piano lessons (the enthusiasm has not dimmed Jenni!) and of course, the family is celebrating my birthday this whole weekend. Since my little sister is at camp until tomorrow, we will go out to dinner then and I'll get my presents. Today I went to Red Lobster with my best friend Jennifer, ate birthday cake at home, and got I Am Legend...the book. Tomorrow the rest of my presents and the fun continues!

I miss you guys very much and thank you all for your birthday wishes! I hope your summers are going well. :) Let me know if you are going to be around Arizona or Texas in the future. I'm still praying for you guys. Oh and Amy, whenever you read this, congratulations again and I wish you the best of luck tomorrow at your wedding!

See ya guys. :D

-Susan a.k.a. AzulSaber


(Below: The bouquet toss)


No comments: