This is the blog of 7 girls chosen to live in the most ROCKING flat ever to grace the streets of London that fateful Fall of 2006. Now that we've graduated, this is the next best thing to weekly flat dinners. Please update early and often, and honorary flat members (you know who you are) can feel free to send updates to one of us and have those posted on here as well. GIT-'R'-DONE!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hooray, It's LA!

The easy thing to do would have been to quote that @*!&# Phantom Planet song that became the theme song for The O.C., but I thought I'd save everyone the headache...Plus, it's me! Of course I had to go for the obscure reference with a Swedish Christian metal band featuring the lead singer from the Smashing Pumpkins!

Anyway, it looks like it's my turn for the "I've-Moved-Here-And-Here's-How-I'm-Doing" Update. :-D I know I just sent you all an email and just wrote a blog on my other page, so I won't repeat all that, but there is stuff I didn't bother to include over there. *drama* I mentioned that I'm "sharing" my room with another girl...That's a rather sticky situation. Her name's Ashley, and she's only 18. Apparently, her parents are divorced, and while her mom is in San Diego, she's been living with her dad in Maine and was having issues with skipping class, etc. So apparently their solution was to send her to Southern California within minutes of Venice Beach. :-| Needless to say, she hasn't been going to class (she's supposedly going to Santa Monica College) and hasn't been paying Alissa rent. In fact, she hasn't been really living here--when I moved in, Alissa said she literally hadn't seen her in a week. And her parents hadn't heard anything from her either, all of which is rather disconcerting. It wasn't until my 3rd night there that I actually met Ashley--in the middle of the night when she arrived with her hippie boyfriend (she looks rather hippie-ish herself now, thanks to too much time spent in Venice Beach) in his pseudo-hippie van to pick up most of her stuff. Apparently, she had lost both her cell phone AND the key to the house, which is why she disappeared off the face of the Earth, but somehow managed to communicate with her sister (who lives with her mom, by the way) to have her come visit her in Marina Del Ray--hence why she needed her stuff.

Needless to say, Alissa just gave her notice the other day, and we're in the process of looking for another new roomie. We actually already have a few prospects because, as Emily can attest to, the place is GORGEOUS in a fabulous neighborhood for what's considered pretty cheap by LA standards. And, seriously, I almost want to send Sonia a thank-you card for bailing on me, because this place is perfect, and I never would've found it if she was still around! Although, as I told State Farm, with all the good things about this house, once I find some flaw it'll be so heartbreakingly devastating, I don't think I'll be able to handle it. :-P

And of course I have to leave you guys a few more pictures...

This was when we saw the redwoods up in San Francisco.

Me and my mom with Mickey in Disneyland!!! :-D



And, because I really am about 7 1/2 years old, this is a video of the male panda (Gao Gao) at the San Diego Zoo...Eating bamboo...SO CUTE!

Edit: Ha, found my first major flaw with the place--Apparently, Alissa and her friends are 4-20 friendly. Ask me for the story another time. If she ever asks, I'll tell her flat out I'm not comfortable with it and would prefer that they don't do it here, but for now I'll just choose not to be home when Mary Jane is...

~Jenni~

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sounds like you're having fun Jenni! Glad everything's working out so far. :)